Casino News

Massachusetts Gross Gaming Revenue Hits Record High At $96M

The global casino sector is cruising, and Massachusetts became its latest testament. The State Commission recently revealed that Massachusetts garnered over 96 million dollars in gross gaming revenue.

The number hit a record high in July across the three casinos in the state. In addition, MGM Springfield experienced a significant surge of 3.5 million dollars compared to the previous month.

The three casinos – Encore Boston Harbor, Plainridge Park Casino, and MGM Springfield generated almost 96 million dollars in gross gaming revenues this month. Comparatively, the casinos scored around 84 million dollars in June, noting an increase of almost 12 million dollars. The numbers are more shocking since the state is witnessing an increase in the number of infected individuals. 

Among the three facilities, MGM Springfield racked the second-most revenue with 23+ million dollars. The casino scored around 20 million dollars in June, showing a 3+ million dollars growth.

The number was the third-best figure for MGM Springfield as the venue scored almost 27 million dollars back in 2018. MGM Springfield crossed the figure in March 2019 as well after garnering 25.7 million dollars.

Chris Kelley, MGM Springfield’s CEO, and President talked about the achievement. As per Chris, the MGM team is delighted to welcome the guests back to the facilities. MGM Springfield is looking forward to creating more fun memories while ensuring customers get a safe and healthy experience.

Encore Boston Harbor racked the most revenue among the three casinos with 59 million dollars. Comparatively, the casino scored 52 million dollars in June, its best figure since June 2019.

Plainridge Park scored almost 13 million dollars in GGR, compared to its 11 million dollars in June.

All three facilities remained closed in 2020 due to the health outbreak. Both Encore and MGM are 1st Category Resort-Casinos, making them liable for 25% of the GGR. Since Plainridge Park is a Category 2 facility, it is charged over 49% in taxes.

Out of the total amount, the Commission pays 82% to Local Aid, while the remaining 18% goes to the Race Horse Development Fund. Seeing how the figures keep improving, the next month might break the recently set records too.

Janice Graziano

Janice has joined Times of Casino team as a casino news writer. Along with writing, she is additionally a content manager. Janice has over five years of experience in inscribing. Her zealousness for casino and online gaming draw her to casino industry. In her spare time, she relishes playing online poker games.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button