Rocket League Esports, the California-based leading esports platform has urged its players to kickstart their preparations as the Rocket League Championship Series X: The Grid is approaching to entice the players. The long-awaited exciting esports tournament is scheduled to happen this Thursday and Friday on the portal. The event launch news was made official via a Twitter post stating:
This Thursday and Friday #TheGrid will kick off for the Fall Split.
Tons of teams will be streaming their runs and giving fans a new way to connect directly with their organization and players. Find out where you can go to catch the action below 👇
— Rocket League Esports (@RLEsports) August 5, 2020
As per the blog, the platform shall be opening broadcasts of the teams and players participating in The Grid event. This golden opportunity will give the fans a new amazing way to build a connection with their favorite teams, best players, and content creators. The first tournament is very close and so the interested participants should pull up their socks to give their best shot against their competitors.
The event will be a one-of-a-kind experience for the participants as well as the spectators. All the scheduled matches shall be played simultaneously in each tournament round so that the viewers can enjoy the fierce battles from stream to stream without missing any shot. The Grid’s Fall Split will roll from August 6 through September 30 in Europe and From August 7 through September 29 in North America at pre-decided time schedules.
The interested viewers can see the list of all the teams participating in The Grid event on the official website of Rocket League Esports portal. The RLCS X was introduced with a chain of advanced alterations to fit into the growing esports arena perfectly. After the fundamental changes, the event came with a whopping overall prize pool of more than $4,500,000 worth. The RLCS tournament has given some of the best memories to the players and the viewers and with RLCS X the team is confident to enhance this experience to the next level for everyone.
The Grid is a weekly tournament section that collects big teams together to compete for Grid points, prize money, enhanced seeding, and a place in the Majors events. The Grid broadcast feature allows teams to stream their runs which bridges the gap between them and their fans.
The Grid Format In Nutshell For Users
- Nine weekly events in each RLCS Split
- There is a cut $10,000 reward weekly and grid points for teams and reward
- The seeding for RLCS Regional Events will be informed by the grid
- The team with the most Grid Points will compete in the concerned Split’s Major contest
- At each Split’s end, the best ten teams will retain their ranks, however, the bottom six would have to compete again to secure their place in The Grid
- The 16 teams invited to the Grid’s first season were teams that got the RLCS and Rival Series auto-qualifications by performing well in the previous season
- Grid Points will be altered at the end of each round
- Grid Points cannot be used to qualify for the ultimate World Championship of the tournament set.