Casinos, the most popular entertainment and recreational gathering establishments for people, are presently facing a lockdown state because of the deadly coronavirus pandemic outbreak. The institutions are forced to shut their operations and activities for an indefinite period of time until the situation gets improved. The aggravating health crisis created by the outbreak of coronavirus has given a major jolt to the global economy.
One of the prime reasons for the spread of COVID-19 is the interaction between people, and so governments across the world are encouraging people to maintain social distancing, either by making requests or by imposing compulsory curfews. As casinos are a popular entertainment junction point for people around the world, they record visits in significant numbers. This is likely to increase the risk of transmission of the virus, and so the owners have announced the closure of their institutions for a few spans of weeks.
Given below is the list of all the major casinos and hotels that have announced the closure in the light of the COVID-19 outbreak. Have a look:
- Wynn Resorts announced the news about the closure of Las Vegas and Encore Boston Harbor for two weeks. The lockdown began on March 17, 2020, at 6 PM.
- The honorable Governor of Nevada Steve Sisolak released an order to shut stop all gaming operations in the Nevada region for a period of 30 days. The decision was taken to assure the safety of the employees as well as the visitors from the COVID-19 spread. In light of the order, Cannery Casino halted its operations as per the guidelines given by the authorities.
Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak has ordered the closure of all gaming operations in the state of Nevada for the next 30 days, as part of ongoing efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
— Cannery Casino (@CanneryCasino) March 18, 2020
- Amid the coronavirus threat, the Jackson Rancheria Band of Miwuk Indians broadcasted the news about the temporary lockdown of Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort.
Temporary Closure of Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort
After careful consideration amid ongoing concerns of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Jackson Rancheria Band of Miwuk Indians announced the temporary closure of Jackson Rancheria Casino Resort
— Jackson Rancheria (@JacksonCasino) March 18, 2020
- With a view to aid the relief operations, the Talking Stick Resort authorities decided to suspend the casino and resort operations from March 18, 2020, at 4 AM until March 31, 2020.
Talking Stick Resort will temporarily suspend casino and resort operations effective March 18 at 4 a.m. through March 31 to assist in slowing the spread of COVID-19.
For complete info, go:https://t.co/qeR3SgBGhG pic.twitter.com/vHlgoCNqId
— TalkingStickResort (@TS_Resort) March 18, 2020
- Casino Rama Resort also announced the suspension of its casino operations to safeguard the health of its employees and customers. The OLG team has confirmed the news about the shutdown of all casinos under its network.
CASINO CLOSURE NOTICE The health & safety of customers & employees is a priority for OLG and its service providers. OLG, working with casino service providers, is confirming that an orderly shutdown of all casinos will now take place. More info at https://t.co/Q2DtEeAEb4 pic.twitter.com/A6ngdwauB8
— Casino Rama Resort (@CasinoRamaLive) March 15, 2020
The global spread of coronavirus has not just challenged the global healthcare sector but has crippled the global ecosystem in the worst manner. The death risks imposed by the disease are heart-wrenching and are continuously increasing in heaps and bounds in different parts of the world. The gambling and casino industry is doing its bit by following the protocols diligently.