The poker world is ready for another action-packed week as the WSOP Circuit continues its Horseshoe Council Bluffs. The event witnessed eight new champions emerge in the first week, with the second week promising five more winners.
The event’s second season will run a Tournament of Champions in 2023 with 1 million dollars guaranteed in prizes. As the name suggests, the event will be attended by the bracelet and WSOP Circuit ring winners. The competition is set to take place in Las Vegas, the home of gambling and betting.
Back on the ongoing event, the first week presented a six-man tourney, a multi-flight event, a pot-limit Omaha event, and a bounty event. The prize pools were much bigger than in previous years, with the winner cashing in more than five figures.
While the events have been filled with recognized faces, two have stood out among the rest. The local WSOP Circuit champion Ryan Phan has already cashed 6/8 events, even sitting at two final tables.
Similarly, as per the poker news, Frankie Zeta, the WSOP Champion from Pennsylvania, has attended two final tables with five wins in third and seventeenth place. Here is a quick overview of how the events at the Horseshoe Council Bluffs have been ongoing:-
- Event 1: 250 dollars NLH – TBA – $11,388
- Event 2: 400 dollars NLH Bounty ended with Nicholas Barksdale winning $7,427
- Event 3: 400 dollars NLH Multi-Flight ended with Terry Williams winning $27,939
- Event 4: 400 dollars NLH ended with Nathan Davis winning $10,655
- Event 5: 400 dollars NLH ended with Alex Wheeler winning $14,586
- Event 6: 400 dollars NLH ended with Jamison Alford winning $11,510
- Event 7: 400 dollars NLH Six-Max ended with Brenden Shiller winning $14,104
- Event 8: 400 dollars PLO ended with Jacob Long winning $12,488
Given how entertaining the events have been, the WSOP expects to attract an even larger audience this week.