A list of presenters has been made public to share who would present the honor to the Class of 2022 at Enshrinement Ceremony for the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. The event is scheduled for September 10, 2022, Saturday, in Springfield, Massachusetts.
As per the latest sports news, over 50 Hall of Famers is expected to attend the event. This also includes presenters. Members of the committee have been asked to select previous inductees to accompany them to present the honors. The decision has been left to be made by the members or their family members in case a member is being recognized posthumously.
A total of nine honorees are on the list, and this includes the Women’s Committee as well.
- Manu Ginobili – The two-time NBA All-Star champion who also holds the hat for being a four-time NBA champion.
- Tim Hardaway – A five-time NBA All-Star champion.
- Bob Huggins – He has recently been crowned the NCAA National Coach of the Year for the second time, bringing the tally to two times in total.
- George Karl – The face of winning a championship, has been awarded the title of NBA’s sixth-winningest coach of all time.
- Hugh Evans – A referee in the NBA for a long time.
With this being the men’s side, we now see a list that depicts women’s power in the sport.
- Lindsay Whalen – A bundle of titles reside in her career, including five-time All-Star at Women’s NBA, three-time Champion at Women’s NBA, and two-time Gold Medalist at Olympics.
- Swin Cash – She has earned a gold medal two times at the Olympics, and she has been given the title of All-Star in Women’s NBA four times.
- Marianne Stanley – She was crowned Coach of the Year at Women’s NBA recently and stands with the title of NCAA National champion.
The eight enshrines that have been selected are:-
- Larry Costello from the Contributor Committee, joined by Del Harris.
- Lou Hudson representing the Veterans Committee
- Radivoj Korac from the International Committee
- Theresa Shank-Grentz from the Veterans Committee for Women
- The Early African American Pioneers Committee represented by Inman Jackson, Wyatt Sony Boswell, and Albert Runt Pullins
Presenters who would be specifically honoring the selected candidates at the 2022 Enshrinement Ceremony are:-
- Isiah Thomas (’00), Chris Mullin (‘11), Mitch Richmond (‘14), Yolanda Griffith (‘21), and Nate Archibald (‘91) presented to Tim Hardaway.
- Tim Duncan (’20) presenting to Manu Ginobili.
- Dawn Staley (‘13) and Charles Barkley (’06) honoring Lindsay Whalen
- Roy Williams (‘07), Gary Payton (‘13), and Bobby Jones (‘19) to George Karl
- Tamika Catchings (‘20), Teresa Weatherspoon (‘19), Tina Thompson (‘18), Isiah Thomas (’00), and Geno Auriemma (‘06) to Swin Cash
- Jerry West (‘80), Rod Thorn (‘18) to Bob Huggins
- Cathy Rush (‘08), Lisa Leslie (‘15), and Nancy Lieberman (‘96) to Marianne Stanley
- Reggie Miller (‘12) and George Gervin (‘96) to Hugh Evans
- Cathy Rush (‘08), Charles Barkley (’06), and Vivian Stringer (‘09) greeted Theresa Shank-Grentz
- Billy Cunningham (‘86), Wayne Embry (‘99), and Bob Dandridge (’21) presented to Larry Costello
- Spencer Haywood (‘15) and Jamaal Wilkes (‘12) handing over to Lou Hudson
- Nancy Lieberman (‘96), John Calipari (‘15), and Sidney Moncrief (‘19) to Del Harris
- Radivoj Korac, presented by Spencer Haywood (‘15)