Sports News

Argentina wins the FIFA World Cup 2022 finals against France 4-2 in penalty

After a tense 3-3 deadlock after extra time, Argentina defeated France 4-2 in a penalty shootout to win the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar on Sunday. The moment lit up when Messi opened the scoring board with a penalty goal. Lionel Scaloni, the coach of Argentina, hailed his hands as his face beamed up in the opening goal of the match. France’s coach Didier Claude Deschamps was seen mostly sitting in his place as the nerve-racking play of the Argentina team was putting France in a defensive spot.

Ángel Di María, a midfielder, scored the second goal for Argentina before the halftime stroke. France was still struggling to fetch a single goal in the match, and the tension was evident on Kylian Mbappé’s face. 59 minutes down the game, the win probability of Argentina was 93%, while France stood at only 1%. The passing accuracy of France was much lower than Argentina; France had 76% while Argentina had 85%, as per many football betting sites. Argentina was also leading in possession with a whopping 56% leaving France with 44%. Both the teams got a close number of fouls. However, no player got the red card. 

As time passed and the full-time was coming closer, Argentina winning the FIFA World Cup 2022 became more explicit. Mbappé made a terrific comeback with two goals, and both the teams went on for 30 minutes of extra time, making Mbappé the second player to score a hat trick in a World Cup final game. At the end of the extra time, the scoreboard showed 3-3 as Messi and Mbappé scored one goal each. In the tie-breaker round, Argentina finally breathed a win with a penalty score of 4-2; Several football betting sites rightly predicted Argentina’s big win.

The widely known goat, Lionel Messi, received the golden ball as his gesture of kissing the World Cup trophy took the internet by storm. Argentina’s goalkeeper, Damián Emiliano Martínez, after having two fantastic and consecutive saves in the penalty shootout, received the Golden Glove. It is expected that the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar will be the last international competition for the 35-year-old Lionel Messi. Nevertheless, the love for football must go on.

Janice Graziano

Janice has joined Times of Casino team as a casino news writer. Along with writing, she is additionally a content manager. Janice has over five years of experience in inscribing. Her zealousness for casino and online gaming draw her to casino industry. In her spare time, she relishes playing online poker games.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button