Sports News

Uruguay vs South Korea, FIFA World Cup 2022 updates: URU, KOR play out 0-0 draw

At Education City Stadium while the crowd cheered and raised their flags, the match ended in a stalemate. With 10 shots from Uruguay, the two-time winner was up against 7 shots from South Korea. This match in Group H will account for the fourth goalless match in FIFA World Cup 2022. 

Uruguay was leading with 56% possession while South Korea did not let it slide with the rest at 44%. Even though both the teams were awaiting a last-moment winner, Uruguay was left out on the best chances. These opportunities could have been in Uruguay’s favor but the wind of fate was blowing in another way this time. 

In the last moments of the game, a corner was played by Uruguay only to let South Korea munch on all the opportunities. In the first half, Hwang Ui-jo (South Korea) shot over the bar while Diego Godin, the Uruguay captain shot a corner, not in favor of the goalpost. The first half was ruled by South Korea, but as the match went on, Uruguay took control and nearly won only to find the long shot by Federico Valverde hit the post. 

Son Heung-min, the standout player for South Korea, had one final potential, but he fumbled his effort beyond, much to everyone’s relief in the Uruguay fan community. 

Even though the goalless match was a bummer to its fans but the high competition and possession kept the excitement till the last moment.

Edna Boykin

Edna Boykin started her career as a financial news writer. And, she was withal active in stock trading. From the commencement of her vocation, she is passionate about online poker games. As she likes to play poker and roulette, she knows the casino industry exhaustively. She recently joined Times of Casino as a news writer. She regularly contributes in-depth breaking stories and news updates of the casino industry.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button