Casino News

Genting Empire Resorts Downgraded by Fitch to Negative

Malaysian Genting group conglomerate holds an investment company known as Genting Berhad. It is reported that the Fitch rating downgrades the company following the acquisition of the resorts of the empire to negative.

At the beginning of the month, the family trust of Genting billionaire KT Lim and Genting Berhad acquired the empire. It owns as well as operates the failing of $1.2 billion of Resorts World Catskills (RWC) in New York. The agency that rates the credit said that it lowers the Genting from Stable to Negative.

According to Fitch’s view, after seeing Genting’s downgraded rating, the company is now pursuing a more aggressive investment strategy. They also stated that earning performance is very weak. It means there is a shift from an intense focus and concentration on capital discipline. It symbolizes a weak credit profile.

The rating agency more notes one thing that GenM’s has decided to buy 49% of the stake in Nasdaq-listed ER. This empire came when Genting was committed to other large-scale CAPEX in the next 2 to 3 years. The trust of Lim Kien Huat will control the remaining 51% of the stake.

Due to Empire Resort Acquisition, Fitch said that it is expecting that the leverage of Genting will be on a peak in 2020 at 2.1 times before 1.5x failing. That was considered from the pre-empire buyout of Fitch was 1.6x and 1.1x. He continued that the company is familiar with the earnings of its investments, and they also think that the returns would be lower because of pressure and competition.

GenM purchased 46% of stake in ER for US$128.6 million from Kien Huat. Both companies formed a joint venture with Kien’s Realty, which is named Hercules Topco LLC, which includes common stocks from both the parties in the joint venture.

The work is continued at Resort Las Vegas, which is a $4 billion casino. It will open from Wynn in 2020. Now, in Miami, Genting is preparing a hotel and public transit monorail to gain the casino’s authorization. In Japan, it is also trying to get a multibillion-dollar bid for one of the three licenses of the casino. For example, MGM Resorts is focused on Osaka. Want to know more whats in store for the players, then check out our exclusive Genting casino review.

In June, Fitch maintained Genting’s stable credit rating. The firm has decided to take over a failing enterprise, and credit analysts have $400 million in debt.

Michael Grant

Michael writes news articles covering covering whole casino industry. He is passionate about online poker games. He regularly contributes in-depth news stories regarding casino industry and legislations.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button