Sports News

MLB match preview: New York Mets versus Cleveland Guardians on May 20

Cleveland Guardians will enter Progressive Field on May 20, 2024, as favorites to win the first of the 3-game series against the New York Mets. The Guardians have a 59% chance of winning, whereas the Mets only have a 41% chance of clinching the victory. This is not necessarily a reflection of how the entire series will turn out to be, but it does give an idea of how it can start. The score prediction for New York is 3, and for Cleveland, it is 4.

The Guardians have the favored moneyline odds at -125, while the Mets are at +105.  Cleveland is hosting the visitors, with the event slated to begin at 6:10 p.m. ET. The audience can watch it on SNY.

Cleveland Guardians are favorites primarily because they have their momentum doing most of the talking. The previous 3-game series against the Twins ended with a 3-0 overall tally for them. They even managed to bag an 11-4 deficit win in the second game. Minnesota had no clue about the game until the 9th session, when they bagged 4 points to their credit.

From the beginning, Cleveland dominated them. This was not so consistent with how the game rolled out in the first meeting. The Twins were more active, giving the Guardians little hope of coming out of the restricted zone. They eventually broke the shell and went as high as they could.

The Guardians rightly corrected that mistake in the following games. It is already evident from the second game’s stats. The third game demonstrates a similar pattern in favor of Cleveland.

This rather gives the impression that Cleveland will look to take that strategy forward by initially setting the attack and then stepping back in defense.

This season’s stats are helping them too.

Cleveland has played 67.9% of the 28 season games. This roughly translates to 28 games in a season, making them favorites from the start. They have a win rate of 68.4% and a 13-6 record when favored by -125. Some of the online baseball betting sites are dwindling. They were earlier in support of the Mets, but a transition is now visible.

Jose Ramirez is a player to look out for in the Guardians squad. With a batting average of 0.253, he has 11 home runs and 41 runs to his name. Brandon Nimmo has done some decent work for New York, bringing in 29 runs. He ranks 42nd in home runs among all the major hitters.

New York loses out on having enough momentum on their side. The previous 3-game series ended abruptly with a 3-0 loss to the Marlins. All they have now is the willingness to score big and win—that’s energy minus strategy, unless they have secretly crafted it with no hints kept aside as leftovers.

Edna Boykin

Edna Boykin started her career as a financial news writer. And, she was withal active in stock trading. From the commencement of her vocation, she is passionate about online poker games. As she likes to play poker and roulette, she knows the casino industry exhaustively. She recently joined Times of Casino as a news writer. She regularly contributes in-depth breaking stories and news updates of the casino industry.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button