PokerStars is generating immense hype around its crowd-pleaser event, WCOOP. The event is still two weeks away, but the operator has released two brand new promotions to entice the players.
The first promotion promises over 1 million dollars in WCOOP tickets, distributed between July 26th and August 21st. The second promotion highlights the WCOOP 50/50 series running from August 1st to 15th. The event will offer 7.5 million dollars worth of guaranteed prizes alongside Main Event tickets to every winner.
The Road to WCOOP is Here
Players can participate in the Road to WCOOP event via the “challenges” window at PokerStars. After that, players must choose a Redemption Points Target: High, Low, or Medium.
Once the challenge is complete, players will enter a draw for WCOOP tickets at their preferred stakes. Here is how the stakes work:
- Low Draw: Players need 50 redemption points with the average WCOOP ticket value ranging from 5.5 to 215 dollars.
- Medium Draw: Players need 150 redemption points with the average WCOOP ticket value ranging from 55 to 2,100 dollars.
- High Draw: Players need 300 redemption points with the average WCOOP ticket value ranging from 530 dollars to 5,200 dollars.
Any player who fails to win tickets will enter the Ambassador Freeroll on Sunday, August 22nd.
It is possible to win and utilize multiple tickets for the freeroll, where players can earn 200,000 dollars worth of tickets shared between winners. In addition, it includes a 530 dollars main event ticket for the player that defeats an Ambassador during the competition.
The 50/50 Event is Back
Other than the Road to WCOOP series, PokerStars is also attracting players with its beloved 50/50 event. It will run from August 1st to 15th, providing fifty tournaments with 50 dollars buy-ins. Players can win over 7.5 million dollars in prizes, which is higher than the 6.2 million dollars amount set in the inaugural edition.
PokerStars also offers 5,200 dollars Main Event tickets to winners, meaning players can win 260,000 dollars over their winning amount.
Additionally, the operator is conducting exclusive WCOOP 50/50 Spin and Go tournaments. Here, players stand a chance to win an entry to the 5,200 dollars Main Event for 1.50 dollars. Here are the winning probabilities:
- For the 5,200 dollars WCOOP Main Event: 5 in 1,000,000
- 50/50 Dollars Series ticket : 7,500 in 1,000,000
- 5.50 Dollars Satellite ticket: 304,606 in 1,000,000
- 3 Dollars cash: 687,889 in 1,000,000
The event starts earlier than expected, avoiding competition with WSOP’s Main Event. However, the community can also see it as PokerStars going head-on against GGPoker.
With the events approaching, the community will undoubtedly witness high-paced action for some time.