Betting News

UEFA Euro 2024 preview: France vs Austria – June 17, 2024

France and Austria will compete for their respective opener event in the UEFA Euro 2024 tournament. The match will be hosted by Merkur Spiel Arena on June 17, 2024. France is more likely to clinch the win – thereby, handing Austria the defeat from which they will have to find a way to recover from. Predictions indicate a win probability of 65.8% for France and 15.5% for Australia. They can alternatively land a draw with a probability of 18.7%.

Austria and France had to pack their bags after the Round of 16 in the previous edition of the Euro Cup. However, they are better prepared this time, especially in France. They have lost only two times since Messi struck all the right chords for Argentina in the final of the FIFA World Cup. Both their losses have been against Germany.

Kickoff will happen at 3 pm ET. It is important to track the top online football sportsbooks and check the cut-off time, if any, for lacing bets. An ideal choice is France with -190 odds stacked against them. Meaning, one must risk $190 to earn $100. Austria entered the next match as an underdog with +340 odds in their favor. Simply put, France are favorite to win the opener of Group D in the 2024 UEFA Euro.

An actual outcome may vary and there could be a draw or Austria could win the game. Predictions in this article are not guaranteed outcomes.

The total number of goals could be over or under 2.5.

France has lost only 2 matches since losing to Argentina in the 2022 World Cup final. Similarly, Austria has won all their last seven matches and is now looking to grab the second victory over their upcoming opponents in the last 11 attempts.

Kylian Mbappe will lead France once again. The team had won 2-0 against Austria in the 2022 UEFA Nations League. So, confidence is on their side too. Plus France has never dropped their opening event at the Euros. They have won 6 matches and landed a draw in three events.

Austria is looking to capitalize on the momentum they have crafted in the last 7 matches. They have also beaten Germany by 2-0 in a friendly match that happened last year.

What causes worry to France is Mbappe missing out on training sessions along with Kingsley Coman. Mbappe was even restricted to play for 15 minutes against Canada wherein the match went for a goalless draw.

Group D is currently led by the Netherlands. They have 3 points to their name after beating Poland by 2-1. France will next face the Netherlands while Austria will venture out to lock horns with Poland in the 2024 UEFA Euro tournament. Teams that finish in the top 2 positions of their group will advance to the Round of 16 which will be followed by Quarter-Finals and Semi-Finals ahead of the final lap.

Edna Boykin

Edna Boykin started her career as a financial news writer. And, she was withal active in stock trading. From the commencement of her vocation, she is passionate about online poker games. As she likes to play poker and roulette, she knows the casino industry exhaustively. She recently joined Times of Casino as a news writer. She regularly contributes in-depth breaking stories and news updates of the casino industry.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button