Sports News

Drake suffers a huge £500k bet slip at Barcelona’s defeat

The betting community now has a term for the incident – Drake Curse. Even though he has won previously, the current loss is something huge as Barcelona has lost for the time this season. Real Madrid stole the show by putting up 3 goals against 1 Barcelona. Rapper Drake went down by more than half a million pounds. He would have won 2.5 million pounds had the game delivered a different result. Drake had earlier shared his excitement for the game. Little did he know that Federico Valverde, Karim Benzema, and Rodyrgo would each go on to score for their side. Arsenal won against Leeds United by 1-0. The curse may not have spread entirely, as he got his reward for betting on Arsenal.

Sports personalities who have previously proved that the Drake Curse exists are Serena Williams, Conor McGregor, and Anthony Joshua. Barcelona featured something special during the event – Drake’s OVO owl logo. It was a way to pay tribute to the rapper for reaching a major milestone of 50 billion streams on Spotify. His logo went at the front of their jersey, replacing the logo of Spotify. Volatility appears to be everywhere, whether it’s crypto or fiat currency. Levels may differ, but there is always a chance of losing money placed as a bet.

Barcelona met Real Madrid in El Clasico. Ferren Torres managed to score for Barcelona. That remained the only entry from the side, and the team lost the match by a margin of 2 goals. It could very well not be their day. Barcelona took a total of 18 shots with 57% possession. With that statistics on paper, a team stands a higher chance of winning. Real Madrid took 8 shots with 43% possession and won the game. Barcelona had been winning until now. The one against Real Madrid comes as the first loss. The team has only slipped to the second position. It holds a chance of bouncing back to the first position.

Real Madrid sits atop the table. Barcelona is scheduled to play its next match against Villarreal on October 21, 2022. Several football betting sites have started showing their odds for the likely winning team. The EPL table will likely undergo changes in the next couple of matches. Both the teams look forward to winning the future matches to solidify their positions.

Talking about the Drake Curse a little bit more, Manchester City also suffered the unfortunate loss after Sergio Aguero and Drake met for a conversation. Anthony Joshua, a professional boxer, could not save himself from the curse, losing to Andy Ruiz if he should have won. Football fans are not happy with the loss, but they will eventually accept that that is how sports work – you win some, you lose some.

Edna Boykin

Edna Boykin started her career as a financial news writer. And, she was withal active in stock trading. From the commencement of her vocation, she is passionate about online poker games. As she likes to play poker and roulette, she knows the casino industry exhaustively. She recently joined Times of Casino as a news writer. She regularly contributes in-depth breaking stories and news updates of the casino industry.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button