It would not be right to say that the Norwegians only prefer frolicking around in the football field, as online gambling is one of the most popular entertainment activities in Norway. While some take part in gambling merely to make money, most Norwegians step into online gambling for the thrill of gambling games, and the big wins, of course. The responsible government of Norway, however, makes sure that the temptations of online gaming and gambling do not render the citizens bankrupt, and so the government strictly regulates the gaming and gambling casinos of Norway. Read on to find out more about the online gaming scene of Norway and check out the brief on the norskcasino.com survey to assess the gambling scenario of Norway.
Evaluate the gaming industry of Norway
The gaming and gambling industry of Norway is composed of Norsk Rikstoto and Norsk Tipping. Norsk Tipping covers games like sports betting, lotteries, keno, bingo, and more. The state-owned and regulated Norsk Rikstoto arranges betting events on horse racing. Lottery games are the most popular among Norwegians, according to Norsk Tipping annual report. Five new lottery games were launched to fuel the addiction of the Norwegians to lottery gaming. The report also revealed that the gaming industry of Norway is worth approximately NOK 10.5 billion, which indicates the incredible popularity of gaming and gambling in Norway.
A brief insight into the Norskcasino survey
Norskcasino, one of the historical actors in the Norwegian online gambling scene, conducted a survey to highlight the gaming and gambling scenario of Norway. Elucidated below is a quick summary of the survey.
- Both men and women of Norway love to take part in gaming and gambling and are almost equal in number at Norskcasino.
- Players are in their mid-thirties or more.
- The survey also reveals that over 60% of the participants indulge in gambling solely for entertainment, and not so much for the money. However, the gambling industry is no stranger to money-minded gamblers either.
- The participants of the survey revealed how the casino bonus is an important factor in choosing the right online casino. In fact, over 50% of the respondents consider casino bonus offers as the top factor in making the right choice about signing up with a casino. The other factors that affect the choices of the participants include the catalog of casino games, the modes of payment, and promotion offers.
- An important revealed by the survey is about how the Norwegians prefer online slot games at the slot machines. Indeed, more than 93% of the respondents revealed that slot machines are the most entertaining of the lot. The other popular forms of gaming are Bingo and Poker. Live casino games and table games like blackjack and roulette are not so popular.
- Almost 60% of the participants prefer payment with credit cards when it comes to gambling at online casinos. The survey report on payment is quite a surprise as the Norwegians do not give much preference to anonymity while gambling at online casinos. The other preferred modes include Paysafecard and digital wallets like Skrill and Neteller.
- The final word that the Norskcasino survey puts in, is that the gambling scene of Norway is rapidly evolving with the constant development of the online casinos.
Future of the gaming industry in Norway
The future of gambling and gaming is quite lucrative. Some of the future aspects are enlisted below:
- International well-known gaming platforms like MariaBingo, Betsson, and Unibet are well trusted among Norwegian, on the rise in terms of popularity and more will crop up in the near future.
- Online Bingo websites will continue to remain free of restrictions in the foreseeable future and its popularity is on the rise, also for younger Norwegian players. Conclusion
Online gambling in Norway is a well-liked entertainment activity, that attracts men and women of different age and social backgrounds. The social and governmental debate on the matter is vivid and many steps are taken to regulate and favor a safe consumption of this popular pastime. Players seem to understand the importance of safety while playing casino and for this reason they usually balance the temptation of an attractive bonus with a more rational evaluation of safe banking options and good international reputation of the casinos they play at.